Sekcije za materijale Srpskog hemijskog društva - Hemijskog društva Vojvodine organizuje
dr Adam Strachota, Institut za hemiju makromolekula češke Akademije nauka, Prag
Monolithic intercalated PNIPAm/starch hydrogels with very fast and extensive one-way volume and swelling response to Temperature and pH: prospective actuators and solvent release systems
utorak, 5. novembar 2019. godine, u 11 h, Plava Sala Tehnološkog fakulteta u Novom Sadu
Adam Strachota, Ph.D
Born: October 19, 1971 in Čáslav, Czech Republic
Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, AS CR, v.v.i. (IMC)
Heyrovského nám. 2, CZ-162 00 Praha, Czech Republic
Tel.: (+420) 296 809 451 or (+420) 296 809 375
senior researcher at IMC, deputy head of the Department of Nanostructured Polymers and Composites
- PhD. 2000 University of Hamburg (Synthesis of arylene-vinylene oligomers via olefin metathesis)
- MSc. 1996 University of Hamburg
English, German, French, Russian, Polish
- since Mar. 2005: IMC, Prague
- Oct. 2003 – Mar. 2005: post-doc stays at the University of Hamburg
- Jun. 2000 – Sep. 2003: IMC, Prague
62 papers (WOS) in international peer-reviewed journals, 1330 citations; co-author of chapters in 2 books (monographies); over 80 contributions at international conferences, including; h-index: 19.
Fields of research:
nanocomposites, synthesis of hybrid organic / inorganic polymers; synthesis of inorganic clusters and polymers; dynamic mechanical thermal analysis; studies of viscoelastic properties; former fields of work: synthesis of organic semiconductors; organometallic synthesis
Study stays abroad:
- Oct. 2003 – Mar. 2005: Post-doc stay, University of Hamburg, Germany,
with Prof. Dr. Emma Thorn-Csányi
- Oct. 1991 – Mar. 2000: Chemistry studies incl. PhD at the University of Hamburg, Germany,
PhD supervisor: Prof. Dr. Emma Thorn-Csányi
- 2012 – 2014: guest lectures at the Rzeszow University of Technology, <
dedicated to nanocomposites (10h + 5h + 9h)
- Since Oct. 2009: supervisor of 3 PhD students at IMC (2 defended, 1 actually studying)
- Since Oct. 2006: supervisor of 7 students of the UNESCO/IUPAC Postgraduate Course in Polymer Science, organized by IMC
- Oct. 2003 – Mar. 2005: coordinator and assistant lecturer, practicum in technical and macromolecular chemistry, Univ. of Hamburg
- Oct. 2003 – Sep. 2004: assistant lecturer, practicum in physical chemistry for engineers, at the Univ. of Hamburg
Cooperation with industry:
Nov. 1996 – Jun. 1999: external cooperation with DEGUSSA AG, concerned with analysis of rubber/carbon black composites
2010: Award of the Czech Academy of Sciences for excellent research results „Nano-structured organic-inorganic polymer systems“, as team member of the group of Dr. Libor Matějka from IMC.
Recent research work in the field to which the grant proposal belongs:
23 out of total 25 recent papers by the applicant (April 2014 till March 2019) are dedicated to nanocomposites, nano-structured materials and composites, which were also in the focus of earlier research interest (including some well-cited works). Six of the nanocomposite works were dedicated to the study of large-molecule-like rigid nano-building blocks (based on tin-oxo-cages) and to their physical interactions, as well as to their chemical reactions with polymer matrixes. One work was concerned with the reinforcement of organic polymers with layered silicate nanofillers (non-oriented Montmorillonite), while 12 works were focused on the synthesis of polysiloxanes and/or on their conversion into nano-structured SiOC glasses.
Recently completed national research projects:
- Czech Science Foundation (GAČR): No. GAP107/12/2445, 2012-2014,
“SiOC ceramic foam from pyrolyzed polymer precursor as a core of thermally stable composite
joint investigator, leader of the team at IMC
- Czech Science Foundation (GAČR): No. GA13-26542S, 2013-2017,
“Advanced polymers for photonics”
- Czech Science Foundation (GAČR): No. GA13-15255S, 2013-2016,
“Self reinforced polymer-polymer composites upgraded by nanofillers of various geometry”
Completed international projects:
- N-CHITOPACK, Project reference: 315233, (European Commission, 7. FP –SME), in 2012-2014, project name: Sustainable technologies for the production of biodegradable materials based on natural chitin-nanofibrils derived by waste of fish industry, to produce food grade packaging, team member in a joint-applicant institution (IMC).
- RP DEMATEN, Project reference 204953, (European Commission, FP7-REGPOT-2007-3), in 2008‑2011, project name: Reinforcement of research potential of the Department of Materials Engineering in the field of processing and characterization of nanostructured materials, team member in a joint-applicant institution (IMC).
- HPRN-CT-2002-00306 (European Commission, FP5-Human Potential, research training network project), in 2002-2006, project name: New hybrid nanocomposites from functional nanobuilding blocks, team member in a joint-applicant institution (IMC).
Previous participation (since 2000)
in several projects about organic-inorganic hybrid polymers and nanocomposites.
Other international cooperation:
Research cooperation with UPMC Univ Paris 06 - Sorbonne Universités / CNRS / Collège de France: UMR7574, Chimie de la Matière Condensée de Paris, France (with Dr. F. Ribot) and with Rzeszow University of Technology, Poland (with Prof. D.Antos and Prof. B. Mossety-Lesczak) led to several joint publications.